5th - 11th November 2023 - NORWAY ORCAS PHOTOTRIP
ORCAS - Northern Norway in winter: It's cold. It is dark. There are few great moments. Nevertheless, more and more people are moving here in winter recently. Why? Because since a couple of years it has been pretty safe to spot orcas and humpback whales chasing huge schools of herring. Although the conditions are extremely bad and the number of encounters is limited, these few moments are more than worth the long journey. The Norwegian Arctic becomes the scene of powerful hunting scenes.
During this PHOTO TRIP, Tobias Friedrich accompany the participants during their encounters with the orcas. Tobias is available during the day for questions and suggestions. Depending on your needs, there are short lectures and tips on how to best capture the animals on camera. In addition, there is also the possibility to photograph the Northern Lights, for which there will also be a lecture beforehand if necessary.
For the trip to Norway the following items should be on the packing list:
- A thick, waterproof and windproof jacket, as well as trousers and shoes (or lined rubber boots)
- Underwater camera (recommendation is to take pictures without flashes or lamp, so you can be faster in the water)
- Drysuit (can also be rented) or freediving suit (is much more agile in the water, but colder above the water)
- Tripod for aurora photography
- Wide-angle and fisheye lens, if available, as well as a telephoto lens for shooting above water (2nd camera body, if available)
Each participant is addressed individually so that the skills can be guaranteed to improve. A DSLR or very good camera is not absolutely necessary for participation. Equipment can be borrowed after consultation. Compact camera owners, partners and non-photographers are also welcome, of course.
PHOTOTRIPS are not as intense as PHOTOWORKSHOPS but still Tobias Friedrich will be available for questions and tipps on demand.
Minimum workshops participants: 5.
Questions: tobias (at) below-surface.com
Bookings: Simon Lorenz - INSIDER DIVERS
*Disclaimer at the bottom of this page.
Tobias Friedrich is not a travel agent and is not organizing the trips above. He is just offering the workshops. The trips need to be booked at the travel agents that are stated in the links.